The Islamic cemetery on Columbiadamm was officially opened in 1866 by the German Emperor. Yet the oldest graves date back to the 17th century and commemorate ambassadors and high ranking officials from the Ottoman Empire. These were moved here at a later date. The cemetery, situated close to is fairly small considering the size of Berlin's Turkish community, yet the site is currently being expanded to include a large, new mosque.
Click here for more information