Amsterdam-IJburg, July 11, 2009
IJburg is a residential neighbourhood currently (2009) under construction in the east of Amsterdam. It is situated in the IJ Lake and is being built on artificial islands which have been raised from the lake. Administratively, IJburg is part of the Zeeburg borough of Amsterdam.
Wikipedia - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IJburg
In The Hague a few hundred people have commemorated last Saturday the end of the Second World War in South-east Asia. The capitulation of Japan on August 15, 1945 was an end to the war.
The commemoration of the victims in the former Dutch East Indies took place at the Indian Monument. Among those present were Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende, and State Secretary Jet Bussemaker (VWS).
The Hague, August 15, 2009
1. The boats on their way to the starting place of the Canal Parade
2. The wrong side does not exist
3. Minister Plasterk of Education, Culture and Science took part in the parade
4. During the Canal parade several Dutch-American couples were married by the mayor of Amsterdam.
6. It could be wise to use a condom
7. Trying to get a glimpse
8. Hand on the purse
9. Old Masters
10. Take a break
11. It was kind of busy during the Canal Parade
Amsterdam, August 1, 2009